Bout of Books 11 Read-a-Thon is over. I’m happy with my progress this time; I got through 5 books! This is much more satisfying than last time, and I was fortunate to enjoy some truly excellent reads during this installment of the event.
I ended up not participating in any of the optional challenges this time around. Every time I found one that sparked my imagination, I was too late to participate. I tend to get to my blog quite late at night, and the challenges tend to end much earlier, due to time-zone differences. No matter – I had great fun all the same!
Here is my final progress report:
- Pages read: 829
- Books finished: 5
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
- The Lover by Maurgerite Duras
- The Summer Book by Tove Jansson
- From the Land of the Moon by Milena Agus